Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sassy Update

The vet's office called me yesterday. The tech didn't make it sound real urgent so I meet with the vet Monday am. Thursday was a good day for Sassy. Yesterday a whole different story. She ate almost nothing, no matter what I offered her. I had put her back on my bed. Last night I went in to check on her and was terrified at what I saw. She looked lifeless, her head in an odd position, her tongue hanging way out and her eyes were in the east-west position, going the opposite direction from each other ( she did the same thing last Friday night only I was holding her at the time). I called her name and she didn't respond. I thought she had died and I wasn't with her when it happened. I picked up her limp body and she came around. It must have just happened. Her breathing was shallow during the night and thought she might go anytime. Nope, didn't happen. She went outside this morning and tinkled. I cut up some chicken for her, she ate a smidgeon, drank water and has been walking around, checking out the other dog food bowls. I sure hope the vet has an answer for me about what to do. One day at a time for now.

On the other hand, today is a gorgeous day outside with a nice cool breeze. Turned off the AC and opened the windows for the fresh air. I think the dogs and I will be out in the yard today with all the birds singing and bees buzzing about and enjoying a beautiful spring day! It will keep my mind off her problems and she likes to lay in the sun and be warm.

8 comments:

Jientje said...

That does not sound good.
Hugs. I know how hard this is.

Chele said...

Hugs, what an awful evening. I agree doesn't sound good and know how painful it is when your furbaby is ill or worse. Hang in there.

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Sorry your dog is not doing well. Hope the vet has some answers. Monday seems so far off, doesn't it?

Robynn's Ravings said...

Becky, is she having seizures? I'm so sorry you both have to walk through this. These are our babies. Ugh. Glad for a respite from hot weather for you.

Libby's Library said...

Sorry that I haven't been calling. I've been enjoying Suzanne so much, that I forget about everything else. What time is your appointment on Monday?

The Raggedy Girl said...

Prayers being said for you, this is such a hard thing.

Roberta Anne aka
The Raggedy Girl

Dexter said...

Oh dear, I did not know you had such awful sickies. This sounds very bad indeed. I am sending big Mango vibes to you.

Slobbers,
Mango

MMW said...

mama it's me!!!!!