Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yes, Virginia there is a GOD

Some people in this world doubt the very existence of God. I always ask myself how can that be. All you have to do is open your eyes and look around you, no matter where you are at the time. The animals, the flowers, the oceans, the mountains, the redwoods and the giant sequoias, the sunsets, the mountains, PUGS, the miracle of birth and the fact that 2 people made that baby, elephants and tiny little sugar ants, great blue whale. The list goes on and on. God is everywhere. I have my beautiful daughter, Meagan, thanks to Him.

God made a special trip to our house this morning. The story goes like this. Last night we went to Goodwill. My cousin Tricia had called to tell me all Christmas items were 50 % off. No, Libby, I didn't buy any Christmas stuff. I bought 4 very nice bears, in gently used condition for $4.50. I am going to donate them to the John Winters and Rough Riders Teddy Bear Roundup in Tampa. The local Radio Shacks have a dropoff bin here in Lakeland, right down at Grove Park. Could it be anymore convenient?? They said the bears could be new or gently used. So, I am killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I helped Goodwill and the children will have bears. They give out the bears all thru the year not just at Christmas.

And now for the rest of the story. After we left Goodwill, we stopped at the United Methodist Temple to see what the trees were going for. The very kind man said they were just taking donations now. I got a 8ft Frazier fir for $15. I had told the man I wasn't going to buy a tree this year but my daughter wanted a real tree. We started talking about the tough times and I mentioned that I had lost my job, his daughter lost her job too. They tied the tree to the top of our little car and off we went. I thought nothing more of our talk. This morning the church had called. I called them back thinking I must have left my checkbook there or something like that. The nice man told me they were going to deliver us a food basket. Are you kidding me I said to the man. He said No, they had an extra basket and they wanted us to have it. After I hung up I started to cry. I told Meagan to get the door as I have a very bad cold. Matter of fact I am multitasking right now, I blow my nose then type. They gave us a big box filled with eggs, hot dogs, buffalo chicken tenders, pork chops, lemon pepper chicken breast, hamburger patties, and steak, carrots, green beans, a vanilla creme cake, rice and much more PLUS a big box of fresh apples, oranges, tangerines and pink grapefruit. And there is more, they gave me back my check for the tree and a gift card to Publix!! THANK YOU GOD!!! GOD IS GREAT!! I think I cried for an hour and just kept shaking my head, I couldn't believe it. They don't know us from Adam's housecat. I am so moved by their thoughts of kindness. I had been wondering about groceries and He provided for us. Two hours later I still find it unbelievable. Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus but more importantly there is a God!! Merry Christmas to all!!!

2 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Oh Becky...I'm so, so, so, glad that you got such a wonderful Christmas Gift. Yes there is a God, and he blesses us in so many ways. Today he blessed me with the knowledge that there are lot of good people on this earth...we just have to give them the chance to shine!

Queenie said...

All in life is about balance: give the bears, get the food. My mother used to say "You reap what you sow" and apparently you sowed a bountiful harvest! Merry merry Christmas and a joyous new year.