Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hidden Treasures

I have been cleaning for several days now. I found things I haven't seen in a long time. Pictures of Meagan when she was in elementary, kittens that are now old ( pictures of them ) , Christmas ornaments that I had forgotten all about, books that I bought long ago and never read. I found two old blouses that I had been wondering where they were. So much dust everywhere and can't find the extra bags for the vacuum. I have to hunt a little harder or dig a little deeper. I could drag out the Rainbow but it is so much easier to use the Eureka. I have moved some things around and hauled some things outside. I am going to have a yard sale, maybe this weekend. Too much stuff !! I have to take control of my home again and not let the clutter take over.

I did something exciting today. I bathed 2 giraffes and the elephants are next. In the sink, of course. Figurines, of course. I would love to bathe a real baby elephant. They are so cute and playful. I love elephants.

The weather is wonderful outside. Hope it doesn't warm up too much or my Christmas spirit will disappear. The lights look so much better when it is actually cold outside. I need to test the strings before putting some outside. I hate to string them everywhere and then some of them don't work! I guess that is the sentiment of everyone. The Christmas parade is tonight but I won't be going. Meagan is going with her boyfriend, John. He works at Lakeland Cash Feed on Lake Mirror. They can get up on the roof and watch as the parade passes right in front of them. Can't get better seats than that. Better get back to the task at hand !! Yippee...yahoo..

2 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Wow - 2 posts in 2 days!!!

Becky, you will feel soooooooo much better when you get rid of your junk. "Less is More" has become my motto. It can be really liberating to start "letting go". When my house is neat and orderly, I feel calmer. Ane it's so much easier to be organized when you are clutter free! You Go Girl!

I want to see pictures when you
re done!!! Miss You Lots!

Marni said...

Ewwww, cleaning.

But you have inspired me to give it a go.