Thursday, July 9, 2009

You got skeeters?


This is kinda what I look like when I go outside with the dogs in the backyard. I have on more clothes and I am a female, but you get the picture. Usually I try to remember to coat myself with OFF insect repellent or Cutter Skinsations. They are ready to get you as soon as you open the door. I spray around the door inside and out. I am going to call mosquito control and see if they will spray in our neighborhood. Years ago they sprayed on a regular basis, guess our town grew too big so now you have to call. I dump out water in pots, etc where they might breed and put mosquito dunks in the birdbath. Kills the larvae but won't harm birds or animals. You got skeeters?

I ams just waiting for the first cold spell to kill them back. HA HA!! From now til then I will be slapping and swatting and spraying! Oh, let's not forget itching and scratching!

10 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

great post!

i know! i realized i was just scratching a bite when i was reading this!

:) m

Libby's Library said...

I' just gonna whisper this...
"we don't seem to have them as bad here in Cajun Country."

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

I don't go out anymore! I feel so itchy and yacky and all I did today was walk from the front door to the car. Oh and for Coco's walks I wear pants, socks, long sleeve sweater... in Miami.

Neabear said...

They are not as bad here in California. But when camping in the mountains we had to spray for them. Especially during the dusk hours. If I go outside to putter around the yard after work and the sun is about to set, bam, that is when I get the bites and which I had added bug spray. Gee I hate that stuff!

Biddie said...

When we had a lil pong in the yard a few years back, we let our beta fish (George) loose in there. He would eat all the nasty larvae and it really cut down on the skeeters.
Plus, George loved the pond. That darn fish lasted about 6 years...

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Becky
Mom hates skeeters too. She sprays herself from head to toe, cause they like to nibble on her. When she used to have horses and donkeys, she used to spray herself with their spray!
Good luck- for me- so far so good
love
tweedles

Magnolia Sun said...

We haven't had them bad so far (fingers crossed).

Robynn's Ravings said...

We don't have them too bad in our city but we were nearly carried away while camping. But it was WORTH it! :)

The Silver Age Sara said...

Oh you poor thing. We don't have skeeters here but I do remember their awful bites. Ouch and itch. Only bad part about summer are the bugs.

Tatersmama said...

Cold spell? Honey they're still here in droves and it's been down to freezing in the morning! They must be a different breed or something?
In the summer, I almost have to tie the babies down, some of 'em are so big!
I use Avons Skin So Soft bath oil on all of us, and it works a treat!!