Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July, USA

My pets and I want to wish each and every one of you a Happy 4th of July as we celebrate the birthday of the United States of America!

Have fun BBQing, picnicking, swimming, boating, fireworks, sparklers, whatever you do to celebrate this glorious day!

It's too stinkin hot where we are to be outside and you can't do those things inside for sure! Then there are the mosquitoes, they lie in wait just waiting for you to open the door and they dare you to come outside. I cover myself with insect repellent from head to toe, hoping I didn't miss a spot! Then the attack begins, they are buzzing everywhere and with all the rain we've had I think they are worse now.

Enjoy your 3 day weekend, they don't happen often enough! Play safe and have fun!

10 comments:

The Silver Age Sara said...

Happy 4th of July to you too! We don't get many bugs up here and I sure don't miss them.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Becky, Becky
I wish that nasty mosquitos did not bug you soo much. What a misery!
We are going down the country road to an elderly ladys house for some hot dogs and potatoe salad. Nothing major- but it will be fun.
Yes always great to have a 3 day weekend!
Thanks again for the beautiful comment you put on my blog.
Happy 4th my friend- be safe
love
tweedles

Neabear said...

No 3 day weekend for me. I had to work yesterday along with everyone else who was working at the skilled nursing facility I work at. 3 day weekends is a very rare treat for me. Hubby was off though and I was very jealous of that fact. So he did a bunch of stuff around here which helped make me feel better. Stuff like working in the yard, washing out the garbage cans, taming the paper tiger, etc. Oh and loaded the dishwasher. So I felt better about him staying home, he got stuff done for me. This evening we go to a church friend's house for dinner. We will be able to watch the fireworks from their house.

The WriggleButts said...

Happy 4th of July! I'm feeling you over those bugs.. They think I'm the tastiest buffet in the area, and no repellent can keep me apart from them.. LOL..

Ane

PS: Thanks for dropping by. :)

Dawn said...

Happy 4th to you as well. I sounds as if staying in may best suit you today. We've had rain and cool weather all summer. It was nice to see the sun today and to enjoy it with family!

take care,
Dawn

A New England Life said...

Between the heat and the bugs it sounds brutal there! No mosquito's in our yard yet. I'm sure they will be making an appearance soon!

Low key week-end here, but we don't mind. Seems we don't slow down often enough.

Sharon

Archie and Melissa said...

hi becky!
happy 4th! thank you so much for commenting on my blog today!
it is so nice to meet you!
:)
melissa and emmitt

Magnolia Sun said...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend too.

Jientje said...

I hope you had fun?
And not too many mosquito bites?

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

tell me about the mosquitoes... I can't stand them anymore! I am sure if they continue to bite me at this rate I will be comatose before the end of the summer!